Style Tip: One dress, three looks

How many times in the morning have we opened our wardrobes overflowing with clothes and still think in despair, "I have nothing to wear!"?  I'm most definitely guilty of that, and eventually I often find myself just pulling out my basic pieces and trying to pull off different looks with them.

My pick for this post - MMTP's latest basic capsleeves dress. A comfortable ponte-cotton dress that ordinarily looks like a simple office number, but here are my 3 ways how I'd wear this a-line dress.

Wear It Corporate Chic

For the office, ditch the plain OL look. It's all about the details, and all you need is a statement item or two (think: attention-grabbing sunnies, killer heels, or a contrast-colored structured blazer) to make your basic dress pop!

how to style a basic dress for work




Dress for that movie date

It's a date, so let down your hair and get comfortable. Soften the structured a-line look with a cosy knit sweater or cardigan and grab those boyish oxfords, booties or even casual heels for a complete street style look. 


how to style a basic dress for work


One for the Free Spirited

Apart from having sunshine by your side and flowers in your hand, simply toss up a loose braid or bun and throw on the neutral or pastel-colored accessories for a free-spirited weekend look. Also, the key here - tuck out your dress over your belt for a understated, careless statement. 

how to wear a basic dress - boho style

how to wear a basic dress - boho style



Shop this MMTP design in black, forest green and wine red. If you have any other suggestions on how you'd wear this dress, I'd love to hear them! Leave a comment below or drop me an email :)


1 comments:

  1. Great tips!
    You look great on those 3 outfits
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

 

Serene Alexa Chow

You're reading bits and pieces of a part-time dreamer and full-time slave owner of online store, Momoteapots. Sometimes, you'll also find her quite the hobbyist, writing about and dabbling in a little bit of fashion, food, literature, lifestyle and even some freelance PR work.

Say hi at serene@momoteapots.com!

"If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."
- The Bell Jar; Sylvia Plath


Instagram

Blog Archive